In my experience of teaching Reiki, the most common problem that my students face is taking on their client’s problems and pains. This may occur on a physical, emotional or mental level often manifesting as the experience of feeling a client’s pain or walking away from a session feeling energetically exhausted.
Personally experiencing the symptoms that clients feel can be quite frightening and leads to many people to abandon their pursuit of Reiki and healing arts.
How to avoid taking on clients problems etc. is by practising Reiki properly.
Rules to practice Reiki properly:
1) Channel healing rather than “giving” healing. We need to realise that we are only the healers through which the universe sends healing energy to our clients. Having a clear intention to channel healing energy from the universe will avoid the problem of taking on clients problems etc.
2) Live a balanced life by doing healing sessions on yourself daily and living authentically will allow you to be an open channel for the universe to pass healing energy through easily and effortlessly.
3) Practice a Reiki opening and closing prayer before and after every session.
4) Seal yourself in a bubble of light and ask Archangel Micheal to protect you and transmute all energies from the session into light before you can even connect with clients.
5) Doing a grounding exercise on yourself and client first before you start the session.
Reiki is a universal gift and when given correctly will truly heal you and others.
Love and Light
JS Reiki School